GOOD NEWS FOR GRADUATES

Leave a Comment

UK graduate recruitment prospects 'at 10-year high'


I came across this article today and for once the words positive and graduate job prospects were used in the same sentence! When I first decided to come to uni it was always in the back of my mind that at the end of my three years of studying..and partying I'd have to grow up (finally..) and get myself not only a job but a career. Over the last few years there's been a lot of media coverage surrounding job opportunities for graduates with not all of it looking positive.

I was part of the first group of students to pay the higher tuition fees of up to £9000 a year and will come out with around £40,000 worth of debt so I definitely feel like theres more pressure than ever to get that good job at the end. So the headline of the article immediately caught my attention. The article suggests that us graduates of 2015 will graduate into a 'buoyant' job market with the best opportunities since 2005. 'The High Fliers' study is predicting that recruitment will be at its highest in 2015. The study also found that the key to securing a top role upon graduation, is how much work experience a graduates has.



Throughout my time at Birmingham City University I've been lucky enough to of been given dedicated time within terms in both first and second year to complete work placements. Throughout my time at uni I managed to secure placements at Fabulous Magazine working as a Fashion Assistant, Ted Baker, where I worked with the PR and Marketing teams and also at Miss Selfridge working with the Marketing team. Being given the opportunity to undertake work placements has been so beneficial and without a doubt has definitely helped prepare me for the world of work. It was definitely a deciding factor for me when i chose my course at uni  (To read more about my course click hereand I would recommend trying to get as much experience as possible. After reading the article I definitely feel much more positive about the prospect of job hunting! To read the full article please click here.






SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig